Comments from the campers which reflect the Rationale.
- It was a positive experience.
- I loved the experience, people were kind, and supportive.
- Activities were amazing and well organised All the activities and making new friends also hearing other people’s stories
- Everything THE BIG SWING WAS A POPULAR CHALLENGE
- Going out and being active
- Snorkelling and the giant swing
- Snorkelling was helpful for me as it took me out of
- my comfort zone
- Going out and being active
- Information about fatal roadside collisions as I didn’t know that much about it
Comments from the team members which reflect the Rationale.
- Some teens were keen to return to the camp. Spoke with 2 teens and they found the camp to be very helpful with dealing with their grief. Felt that they were not alone and could reflect on their issues.
- Difficult to tell with all campers but the ones that I spoke with and supported with career guidance certainly had better tools and therefore self-confidence to make future choices.
- The teens all seemed happy and confident at the end of the camp.
- I did with some teens, not all however this is to be expected as I bonded, interacted more with some.
- I definitely feel that most of them did.
- Could see that friendships were being formed which was a positive outcome. Exchanged phone numbers to stay in contact with each other.
- Friendships with others going through similar experiences helps them to feel they’re not the only ones. They can feel a connection without even having to speak about their circumstances or grief.
- A few of the teens told me they had exchanged phone numbers with each other so they could keep in contact after the camp.
- A glaring example was B…. connecting with the 2 girls
- It was great to see some of the bonds formed particularly amongst the younger campers.
- A variety of people with different professions attended the camp. Covered all the needs and education on the camp. Well organised and topics/education were covered.
- Marg did a great job organising everyone along with Lisa and others who worked in a support capacity.
- Very well organised.
- An incredible feat of organising and coordination.
- Every camp will offer insights for improvement.
- I thought we did a great job with preparations this year.
- Information was sent to the team on a regular basis with web meetings and an increase in email and phone contact.
- I witnessed one of the girls who arrived very shut down and no confidence over the weekend open up and join in all activities and became quite confident by the end of the camp. She left with a smile that was very rewarding to see.
A QUICK CHANGE AND WE ARE READY TO SNORKEL.
READY FOR OUR CANOE FUN – OOPS !! SPLASH!!! SOMEONE OVERBOARD??
TIME TO CHILL OUT DURING FREE TIME.
LET’S ‘KIT UP’ READY FOR THE ‘BIG SWING’
COMPETITIVE VOLLEY BALL BETWEEN
VICPOL, CAMPERS AND VOLUNTEERS AN ABSOLUTE HIGHLIGHT FOR ALL OF US WAS RELEASING WATER LANTERNS AT DUSK IN MEMORY OF OUR LOVED ONES.
WE WERE ABLE TO SHARE WITHOUT JUDGEMENT IN A SAFE AND COMFORTABLE SETTING. THIS LEAD US INTO A COUNSELLING SESSION.